If you have just learned that you are going to have a baby, you are certainly looking for information that can help you find what to eat during pregnancy? Pregnant and breastfeeding women: you've come to the right place!
When you are pregnant, you first pay attention to "risky foods": wash raw vegetables well and peel them, avoid eating foods whose manufacturing process does not cook them thoroughly enough (cold meats, rillettes, pâtés, smoked salmon, taramasalata), avoid unpasteurized raw milk cheeses (except those with cooked pressed paste), cook fish, meat, eggs and seafood well.
But then, what can you eat as an aperitif during pregnancy? We accompany our aperitif with "good fat": unsalted oilseeds ideally such as almonds, cashews, pistachios, etc., but also olives and tapenades, hummus, sardine rillettes for example.
We share here a recipe that changes for the aperitif!
Eggplant hummus recipe by Jolly Mama
- 1 medium eggplant
- A handful of toasted walnuts
- 1 to 2 spoons of tahini
- 4 spoons of yogurt (coconut for example if you avoid dairy products)
- the juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 clove garlic well crushed
- 1 pinch of paprika/chili (according to your taste)
- olive oil
To dip in:
- pita bread
- strips of red pepper, carrots…
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, place the eggplant cut in 2, face up
2. Cook for about 45 minutes, then remove and let cool a little (the skin should be wrinkled, and the inside very tender)
3. Mix the walnuts in a food processor, add the rest of the ingredients and lastly the flesh of the cooled aubergine
4. Blend until smooth and creamy
5. Serve with raw vegetables and pita bread!
Accompany this hummus with a non-alcoholic drink from a dozen mocktail recipes available in our new special e-book for future mothers , go here to get it!